The Exceller Fund is grateful for the support that it receives from the following organizations and individuals.
The ASPCA - for helping us "Provide a Future Beyond the Finish Line" for our Racing Warriors and for assisting us with the OK hay bale out project in 2011!
After the Finish Line
- for assisting us with various projects and fundraising efforts.
The Blood-Horse - for permission to use Exceller's pedigree from The Stallion Register for 1991.
The Daily Racing Form
- for its permission to reprint articles about Exceller.
Build-A-Bear Workshop Bear Hugs Foundation
- for their grant to support our therapy horse at the American Legion Childrens Home.
Performance Products - Equine Microbials
- for their wonderful microbiotic supplement which has helped our horses with better digestion and decreased colic.
Hagyard Equine Medical Institute - for their support of Thoroughbred adoption efforts. We are very grateful for all of their assistance!
Special Horses - for their support of Thoroughbred retirement and efforts in assisting with fundraising.
Sullivan, Parker & Cook, LLC, Attorneys - for donating invaluable legal assistance.
- for the conformation photo of Exceller at stud.
- for its generous support of The Exceller Fund.
- for its generous sponsorship of Dakota Mahogany.
Franks Farms - for its generous donation of Almata
to The Exceller Fund.
- for working with us to provide a brighter future for retired Thoroughbreds.
- for providing beautiful pictures of our Kentucky horses.
Kelly McCabe and her class at Chadwick's Village School - for raising over $300 for The Exceller Fund as a class project.
Sallee Horse Vans
- for their continuing support in the efforts to rehome off-the-track Thoroughbreds.
Bob Benoit - of the Santa Anita Photography Department for the photo of Exceller in the 1978 Hollywood Gold Cup.
Maria D'Angelo - for the portrait of Exceller used in our logo.
Karen Estis - for selected photographs of Exceller.
Karen Schiessl - for using her enormous talent as an artist to support our horses.
Richard Stone Reeves - for his generosity to the Exceller Fund and his beautiful portraits of Exceller: Exceller and Tribute to a Fallen Hero.
Danielle Rudma - for using her wonderful craftsmanship to support our horses.
Rose Marie Walch - for her beautiful drawings depicting horse racing, polo and jumping with proceeds from her sales going to organizations that are dedicated to horse rescue.
- for her tireless efforts to support Thoroughbred adoption and retirement, and the wonderful assistance she has provided The Exceller Fund in fundraising efforts.
Paul and Kelly Linn- Woodridge Farm
- for their care and conditioning of Rich In Dallas and their efforts in making his public appearances such a wonderful experience for everyone involved. We also greatly appreciate receiving the letters from Rich In Dallas.
Pat DeLong - for providing a fantastic, original calendar for sale to support our cause each year.
Pamela K. Silverman - for her invaluable assistance in providing agreements and many hours of legal review of documents.
If you are interested in the work that the Exceller Fund does, you may enjoy these sites as well. Each link will open up in a new browser window. Please choose from the following categories.
Horse Rescue and Charitable Organizations
- ReRun gives ex-racehorses a second chance at a productive life by first evaluating temperaments, talents and physical capabilities and then matching the animals to new owners. We assist in the re-training and recuperation process with the help of volunteers and paid personnel skilled in horsemanship.
- The Communication Alliance to Network Thoroughbred Ex-Racehorses (CANTER) provides retiring racehorses with opportunities for new careers after the finish line.
Through its Web site, CANTER provides the means for the public to view what horses are ending their racing careers and are available for purchase or adoption at Thoroughbred racetracks in six states. CANTER volunteers walk the shedrows of the racetracks taking listings and photographs for posting to the Web site. At most of our affiliates, the trainers may donate or sell their horse to CANTER and the organization will find approved non-race homes for their horses.
Our Mims Retirement Haven
- The goals of Our Mims Retirement Haven are to create a facility for retired broodmares at which they will be pampered, to re-unite broodmares with their fans; therefore giving said mares a "job" in public relations, and to enhance the efforts of non-profit rescue and adoption groups.
United Pegasus Foundation
- United Pegasus Foundation is a 501(c)(3) racing charity that provides California's thoroughbreds with humane retirement or a second career, now in it's seventh year of service to the thoroughbred industry. UPF has grown to become the nations largest thoroughbred retirement organization, with two well-equipped farms, and carrying capacity of 85 horses.
Dream Catcher Sanctuary
- Sanctuary for horses in Northern California.
- The major goal of Old Friends is to draw attention to retired Thoroughbred athletes by promoting famous racehorses that are no longer in service. By giving these horses a fine facility we can illustrate how a quality lifestyle is due every race horse. Through a campaign of education and tourism, racing owners, breeders, fans, jockeys and ractracks can see how a post-racing career can be built on the love and understanding of the animal.
Thoroughbred Charities of America - A fund-raising organization that works to raise monies that are then allocated to non-profit organizations that work toward improving the lives of racehorses and the people who work with them.
Brook Ledge Horse Transport
- The Exceller Fund thanks Brook Ledge for providing the transportation for one of Exceller's daughters, Almata, to her new retirement home in Kentucky.
Horse Welfare Organizations - Dedicated to bringing together non-profits and horse lovers from all over the world!
Thoroughbred Horse Show Association - The Thoroughbred Horse Show Association was created to develop horse shows exclusively for Thoroughbreds that are registered with The Jockey Club. These shows are designed to showcase the many talents and competitive spirit of Thoroughbreds in their second careers.
Horse Racing and Thoroughbreds
- The National Thoroughbred Racing Association.
- An online Thoroughbred racing magazine for fans of the horses and the sport. Features biographies of many past greats such as Secretariat, Man O'War, and Ruffian, and the beautiful photography of Eclipse Award winner, Barbara Livingston.
Thoroughbreds and More.com
- Here you will find information on training horses, as well as information on dealing with residual behavioral issues related to former conditioning, especially those found in the ex-racehorse. You'll also find information on how to help your horse deal with and overcome the effects of abuse and neglectful situations. There's also information on equine health, nutritional management, and breeding.
UpInClass Racing Forum (USA)
- Home for Horseracing Fans, Handicappers, Horsefolk of all kinds, and anyone else who would rather be at the race track.
Horse Show Central
- America 's most complete horse portal, with information on shows, breeds, and all things horse related.
Equine Art, Books and Photography
Horse Art - Horse Sculpture
- Sculpture in bronze resin and other media. Equine gifts and breed specific trophies. Online expo: step by step creation of life size bronze by sculptor Patricia Crane.
Beautiful Jim Key
- A NEW BOOK written by bestselling author Mim Eichler Rivas, published by William Morrow/HarperCollins, chronicles this lost HISTORY of a horse and a man who changed the world.
Dana's Doodles Horse Art
- Horse Art and T-shirts by Dana Bauer. Prints starting at just $5!
Lydia Williams - The Shedrow
- Beautiful photography of Thoroughbreds on the racetrack, on the farm, and in new careers and retirement.
- "Ginger the Gentle Giant" A great rescue story to benefit rescued horses everywhere!
Northern Spirit Stables
- Northern Spirit Stables is a model horse farm in Canada. While you won't find too many pictures of real horses, you will see a lot of Breyers and other models.
Donate to Excellerfund.org with PayPal